Natural High-Performance Wool Insulation
- Filters air and improves indoor air quality – harmful chemicals are in your walls. The amino acids in wool irreversibly bond with formaldehyde, NOₓ and SO2 on a molecular level.
- Moisture and climate control – moisture and mold happens in your walls. Wool absorbs and adsorbs it against 65% relative humidity.
- Suppresses mold and mildew – natural keratin prevents against the spread of mold and mildew.
- Absorbs sound – wool exceeds other forms of insulation as an acoustic buffer.
- Thermal conductivity – wool batts are industry standard at 3.6 per inch; loose-fill outperforms at 4.3 per inch.
- Resists fire – wool will not support a flame below 1100F; conforms to Class A of the ASTM E84 test.
- All natural – wool insulation is entirely renewable and sustainable.
- Long lasting – inherent characteristics allow stated R-values to exceed other forms of insulation.
- No off-gassing – natural characteristics make our insulation devoid of harmful chemicals.
- Installs easily – blow-in and batts are installed like other mediums but with no protection required.
3M Thinsulate SM600L has more acoustic absorption per unit weight vs. competitive products. Hydrophobic fibers resist moisture, mold and mildew. Thinsulate is FMVSS 302 certified (federal motor vehicle safety standard).